Web page caching is among the very best issues you are able to do to hurry up your WordPress web site.
However right here’s the factor:
There are tons of fashionable free WordPress caching plugins:
Meaning, to ensure that WP Rocket to justify its premium price ticket, it must discover a option to differentiate itself from these free choices.
WP Rocket tries to try this in two methods:
- By providing an interface that’s newbie pleasant and simpler to make use of than many different caching plugins.
- By together with tons of different smaller efficiency optimizations that almost all different caching plugins don’t supply.
You’ll see how the interface is designed a bit of in a while, however let me lead shortly with a few of these different optimization tweaks as a result of I feel they’re the place most of WP Rocket’s worth comes from.
Listed below are a few of the greatest tweaks that you simply get:
- Minification – shrinks the scale of your web site’s code by eradicating pointless content material, like whitespace, with out altering the code’s performance.
- Mix recordsdata – does what it says! Combines a number of recordsdata (like a number of CSS recordsdata) right into a single file.
- Take away question strings – removes queries strings, like “?ver=1.0”, to enhance your GTmetrix rating.
- Render-blocking CSS/JS – does what it says and helps you eliminate the well-known “Render blocking” warning in Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Lazy Loading – hastens your web site by solely loading sure media content material as soon as it enters the customer’s viewport. Primarily, your web site gained’t load photographs and/or movies till completely wanted.
- Straightforward CDN integrations – helps you hook up with CDNs like Cloudflare and origin pull CDNs.
- Database optimizer – permits you to clear your database proper from WP Rocket, slightly than requiring you to put in a separate plugin.
- Heartbeat management – take management of the WordPress Heartbeat API.